Starting today, November 13, 2013, seats can be reserved in advance when flying US Airways Shuttle. Seats can be chosen at booking, during check-in or any time in between by managing reservations online. Shuttle flights will also have ChoiceSeats available for purchase – mostly window and aisle seats near the front of the aircraft. For customers without Preferred status, Preferred Access is available for purchase which offers priority check-in, security and boarding.
Dividend Miles Preferred members will continue to enjoy all of these benefits, plus Preferred seating.
For those of you wondering, shuttles are the nonstop flights between DCA (DC-Washington National), LGA (NY-LaGuardia) and BOS (Boston-Logan). These flights run between each pair about every hour on the weekdays, and every 90-120 minutes on weekends.
The Shuttle notoriously, and to some’s dismay, worked a little differently from other flights in that the seat assignments were made at check-in, and never more than 24 hours in advance. But that’s all over starting today! Use this link to read more about this new offering on US Airways Shuttle flights.There’s some great reasons to use these shuttle flights, including:
- Dedicated departure gates and baggage carousels at all terminals
- Dividend Miles members earn 500 miles per segment flown on US Airways Shuttle
- Semi-private workstations at gate areas in Boston, with more to come
- Every weekday flight is on a modern Airbus A319 or Embraer 190 aircraft
- Ability to exit the plane quickly from either the front or rear doors
- Spacious First Class seating with plenty of leg-room for taller travelers
- In First Class, free snack basket, beer, wine, spirits and non-alcoholic drinks all day
- In Coach, free snacks, beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks all day
- Elite Limo service at New York LaGuardia
- Seats are assigned with the opportunity to purchase ChoiceSeats and PreferredAccess
If you want to learn more about the value of using corporate travel specialists, please browse our site. CIRE Travel is dedicated to putting the personal element back into business travel. Call us once and you’ll find out how!